Sunday, November 13, 2011

Personal Technology Project 2

For the second half of my project I chose to learn:   Polls Everywhere!!!

here is a link to my webpage:
https://sites.google.com/site/mrsjonesbiologyi/

1. I can use this technology to have students let me know what they feel like they are lacking in or what they need more help in. It's totally anonymous so the student does not have to feel like they are singled out. I can also use this technology as a sort of formative assessment, just to see where the kids are at in our instruction.

2. I can use the polls as formative assessments, like quizzes to see where the students need help and what they are strong in. I can also use them to see students' interests or opinions on topics or classroom practices.

3. Since the answers to the polls are sent by cell phones, the administration's rules of cell phones in the classrooms could hinder this idea. However, you could still use these polls while students are at home instead of always being in the classroom.  Also, if students don't own or have access to a cell phone or texting capability, they wouldn't be able to participate.

To view the polls on my webpage, it is under the new page "Classroom Polls."

No comments:

Post a Comment